Homework 5 will include the short answer questions below. There is no Run button or storage for this part. Please save the text below with your answers, so you can paste the whole thing in when you are ready to turn it in.
1. How many bytes is the raw, uncompressed form of a 100 x 100 pixel image:
2. A fee must be paid to use the JPEG standard, true or false:
3. About how many bytes does compressed audio take in MB/minute:
4. About how many bytes does compressed video take in MB/minute:
5. List any of the following that are not a compressed media format, or write "none": JPEG MP3 PNG GIF WOPR h.264 WebM:
6. What do "100 mbps" and "1 gbps" mean in the context of networking:
7. Suppose we use the checksum scheme from lecture: sum up the bytes and take
the last 2 digits. What is the checksum of a packet made of these bytes: 100 226 200 110 10 0 10
8. What problem is solved by incorporating checksums with packet transmission:
9. USB incorporates a checksum scheme (true or false):
10. In our idealized ethernet/Wi-fi scheme, to send a packet on the shared medium, the sender must wait for what:
11. Suppose we have a 300 mbps Wi-Fi network. Assuming 50% of the bandwidth is available
for data and the other 50% is overhead, about how many MB per second can we send on the network?
Please show your work.