Welcome to CS 161!
Homework will be due Thursdays at 9:30 am.
Jessica will be holding lectures in Gates B1, on Tuesdays and Thursdays from
9:30-11:20 am. The lectures will be recorded and lecture notes will be posted
on the course website.
- Lecture 1 - Insertion sort, loop invariants, runtime analyses,
- Lecture 2 - Merge sort, divide and conquer.
- Gradescope (use code 92EX2M): Gradescope
- Piazza: Piazza
- Syllabus: Syllabus
- Feedback form (for comments/suggestions/complaints about the course): Feedback
- Email the instructor: Jessica Su (jtysu [at] stanford [dot]
Office hours will be held in the basement of the Huang
Engineering Center, on
- Monday 3-5 pm (Jessica)
- Monday 7-9 pm (Peng Hui)
- Tuesday 7-9 pm (David)
- Wednesday 7-9 pm (Addison)
- Tuesday 6-7 pm (SCPD office hours, held by all TAs)
Office hours will begin on the second week of class.
Sections (completely optional)
David will be holding software engineering interview preparation workshops in
Gates 104 most Mondays (6/27, 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1) from 6-7:30 pm. These
lectures will be (unofficially) recorded and recordings will be posted on the
Peng Hui will hold a seminar on how to write proofs, in Gates 104, on Friday
6/24, from 2-3 pm. [section notes]
Addison will be holding a final exam review session during the last week of
- Please click here to help me
with my research project! This is for the Twitter crawler I talked about in Lecture
1 (the one that technically runs in O(1) time, even though it's quite slow).