- There are three sections per week, led by CAs:
- Noa's section: Thursdays, 10:30am--11:50am, Gates B30
- Reyna's section: Thursdays, 4:30pm-5:50pm, Gates B03
- Shashwat's section: Fridays, 10:00am-11:20am, Gates B30
- During sections, we will go over the material covered in class that week, and work through practice problems.
- Sections are optional but highly recommended. Working through practice problems is one of the most effective ways to learn the material.
- You do not need to officially sign up for sections, you can just drop in to whichever is most convenient.
- Some particular topic you'd like to see covered in Section? Email us (marykw, rmhulett, silas, noaglasr) directly, or fill out the anonymous feedback form on the course home page.
- Section 1 (Week of 1/14): Asymptotic analysis, recurrence relations, divide and
conquer. [Problems] [Solutions]
- Section 2 (Week of 1/21): More recurrence relations, randomized algorithms
- Section 3 (Week of 1/28): BSTs, BucketSort, Sorting Lower Bounds
- Section 4 (Week of 2/4): Hashing and Graphs/BFS/DFS
- Section 5 (Week of 2/11): Midterm Review
- Section 6 (Week of 2/18): More graphs! SCCs, Dijkstra, Bellman-Ford
- Section 7 (Week of 2/25): Dynamic Programming
- Section 8 (Week of 3/4): Greedy Algorithms
- Section 9 (Week of 3/11): Final Review