FP-Yiju Hou Noam Ben-Avi
- Yiju Hou
- Noam Ben-Avi
Our group wants to leverage data visualization and sentiment analysis to improve content discovery and consumption experience on Reddit.
When reading through a long Reddit threads, we found it’s difficult to answer questions like, how did people feel about the election result, or how can I find out what the angry customers said about my product? To solve the problem, we are going to develop a Chrome browser plugin to help Reddit users discover, filter and read comments through 5-dimension sentiment analysis, including joy, fear, disgust, anger and sadness.
The Chrome plugin provides the following features:
- Sentiment-based text highlighting with color encoding
- Sentiment-based thread sorting
- Dynamic font sizing by sentiment magnitude
- Sentiment trend visualization to see how sentiments change over time
- Multi-level sentiment aggregation by time and thread
Project Progress Presentation
A background survey of related work and a full list of references.