Supplemental Reading for Lecture 17
- M. Chiang, S.H. Low, A.R. Calderbank, and J.C. Doyle, Layering as Optimization Decomposition: A Mathematical Theory of Network Architectures, Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 255-312, Jan. 2007.
- W. Chen, L. Dai, K. Ben Letaief, and Z. Cao, A Unified Cross-Layer Framework for Resource Allocation in Cooperative Networks, IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, vol. 7, no. 8, pp. 3000-3012, Aug. 2008.
- Y.E. Sagduyu, and A. Ephremides, Cross-layer optimization of MAC and network coding in wireless queueing tandem networks, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 54, no. 2, pp. 554-571, Feb. 2008.
- L. Georgiadis, M.J. Neely, and L. Tassiulas, Resource Allocation and Cross-Layer Control in Wireless Networks, NOW Journal on Foundations and Trends in Networks, vol.1, no. 1, pp. 1-144, 2006.
- G. Carneiro, J. Ruela, and M. Ricardo, Cross-Layer Design in 4G Wireless Terminals, IEEE Wireless Communications, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 7-13, Apr. 2004.
- E. Setton, T. Yoo, X. Zhu, A. Goldsmith, and B. Girod, Cross-layer design of ad-hoc networks for real-time video streaming, IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 59-65, Aug. 2005.