A Vaccine for Leprosy
- Cunha et al. “Neonatal BCG protection against leprosy: a study in Manaus, Brazilian Amazon.” Leprosy Reviews. Vol 75, Issue 4. Dec 2004. p. 357-66.
- Gillis, Tom. Chief National Hansen’s Disease Programs Lab Research. Personal Interview. 22 May 2006.
- Gormus et al. “Anti-leprosy protective vaccination of rhesus monkeys with BCG or BCG plus heat-killed Mycobacterium leprae: lepromin skin test results.” Leprosy Reviews. Vol 73, Issue 3. Sep 2002. p. 254-61.
- “Hansen’s Disease (Leprosy).” Division of Bacterial and Mycotic Diseases. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 12 Oct 2005. http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/hansens_t.htm
- “Hansen’s Disease Research.” National Hansen’s Disease Programs. Bureau of Primary Health Care. April 2006. http://www.bphc.hrsa.gov/nhdp/
- Kartikeyan et al. “Anti-leprosy vaccines: current status and future prospects.” Journal of Postgraduate Medicine. Vol 37, Issue 4. 1991. p.198-204.
- “Leprosy Research Support.” Colorado State University. 13 Jan 2005. http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/mip/leprosy/globalleprosy3.html
- Strydjswka, Barbara. Clinician at the National Hansen’s Disease Programs. Personal Interview. 22 May 2006.
- “The Continuing Challenges of Leprosy.” Scollard, Gillis, Truman, et al. Clinical Microbiology Reviews. April 2006, p.338-381, Vol. 19, No.2. http://cmr.asm.org/cgi/content/full/19/2/338
- “Treatment Timeline.” Global Project on the History of Leprosy. International Leprosy Association. http://www.leprosyhistory.org/cgi-bin/treatmentyearrange.pl
- Zopdey et al. “Effectiveness of Bacillus Calmette Guerin (BCG) vaccination in the prevention of leprosy: a population-based case-control study in Yavatmal District, India.” Public Health. Vol 119, Issue 3. March 2005. p. 209-216.
Kiyana Harris, Class of 2007, email@example.com
Parasites & Pestilence: Infectious Public Health Challenges
Prof. D. Scott Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org