manually update your Norton Anti-Virus program follow these steps:
- Find the yellow icon located on the
bottom right hand side of your screen in an area called "systray."
The Norton icon, sort of looks like a computer mousse with two buttons.
It is not the big red N, this is Novell.
- Double click the icon, and the Norton
Anti-virus program console will pop up.
- Double click the "Live Update" button and
follow the default prompts, by clicking "Next" and "Finish."
Norton works and how you can clean up a Virus infected file.
- The virus is detected, Norton makes the file unavailable
and hides it.
- An attempt to clean the file is made; if successful the
file is made available again in it's original location. If unsuccessful,
the file is moved to Quarantine.
- The file remains in Quarantine until the next Live Update.
Armed with the new Virus definition file, Norton once again attempts
to clean the file, step 2 is then repeated.