The following instructions apply only to Stanford University employees who are required to wear a N95 respirator. For employees who are NOT required to wear a N95 respirator but would like to wear one for comfort-purposes, refer to the procedures found here.
- STEP 1 - N95 RESPIRATOR TRAINING:
Employees to review the material covered in the N95 Respirator Training document here.
- STEP 2 – QUIZ & MEDICAL EVALUATION QUESTIONNAIRE
- Employees to complete the following forms and submit them to their supervisor
- Supervisors submit the completed form(s) to-
Stanford University – Occupational Health Center:
480 Oak Rd.
Stanford, CA 94305-8007
MC 8007 for Internal Mail
- The SU Occupational Health Center reviews the completed forms, and will notify the supervisor and user of the results from the medical evaluation.
- STEP 3 – FIT TESTING:
- Once medical clearance has been provided by the SU Occupational Health Center, contact EH&S at 723-0448 to schedule for respirator fit testing.
- Specific model/ size of respirator will be assigned to the user based on fit-testing results.
After completing the above steps, EH&S will provide documentation of N95 approval for one year.
Back to General
Health and Safety Home Page
Back to Maintenance, Renovation
& Construction Safety Home Page