- Fee Waiver Policy
- Funding Package
Every offer of admissions (including to international applicants) consists of the same five-year funding package based on Stanford’s calculation of graduate student living expenses. A breakdown of estimated living expenses can be found at this url:
- To access the MTL Applicant Checklist (after you have submitted your application), go to: http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions/applying/start
Check the agreement box and click “start application.”
At the bottom of the menu on the next screen you’ll find: Manage Your Account
Choose “Review Your Activity” and to access the checklist.
Please Note: Do not be concerned if the checklist indicates that your application is not complete due to missing official scores or official transcripts.
For the review process:
- “Self-reported” scores are acceptable.
- The uploaded “unofficial” transcripts are acceptable.
However, before any formal offer of admission can be made, official scores and official transcripts must be submitted.
Links for international applicants
- Stanford’s assessment of foreign degrees
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Required Examinations
MTL requires the “general” GRE — no subject tests are required. Most international students must take the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language). Information on the required tests (including information on exemptions from the TOEFL requirement) can be found at: http://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions/applying/exams
- Information for international students at Stanford
Visit the Bechtel International Center site: http://icenter.stanford.edu/