Documents are available as searchable online books
and/or PDF files.
Searching the Collection
- You can search the LTA collection by titles, subjects, and authors.
- To search text within a title, you must choose that title
from search results or from a sorted list, then:
use Adobe Acrobats inline search (to search the contents of a PDF
- use the eBook inline search (to search the contents of eBook titles).
Viewing PDF Files
If your browser does not automatically open PDF files, you will need Acrobat
Reader software to view and print the application(s). Download the Acrobat
Reader, available free of charge from Adobe.
If you have problems, consult the Adobe Acrobat Reader installation instructions
(available after you have downloaded the software) or contact Adobe directly
from their website.
- Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Distiller are two separate programs; you
will need the Reader to view and print PDF files.
- You will need 8MB or more of free disk space on your hard drive to
install the program.
- During the download and installation of Acrobat Reader, you may want
to close all software applications except your web browser to conserve
After downloading both the application PDF file and the Acrobat Reader software:
- Install the Acrobat Reader program.
- Launch the Acrobat Reader program (make sure you locate the actual
Acrobat Reader icon, and not the icon which installed the program)
- From the Acrobat Reader menubar choose 'File' and 'Open,' and open
your PDF file. ("regcourse.pdf" or "reftravel.pdf" - if you do not know
where the pdf file is located on your hard drive, use your computer's
'find' feature to locate it, then return to Acrobat Reader and open
it from within the program).