New and Noteworthy
e-Book of the Month |
Featured Resources |
New Book List |
Stanford / Sci-Tech News |
Swain Library Newsletter
- ACS Journal Archives
- Fast access to 120 years of the most cited chemistry research. Lets you search the full text of
all titles published by ACS from 1879 to your current ACS Web Editions subscription.
- All That JAS (Journal Abbreviation Sources)
- Web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations.
- American Chemical Society
- Website of the American Chemical Society.
- Analytical Chemistry Springboard
- Burger’s Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Discovery
- Cambridge Structural Database — New Edition Available (Spring 2007)
- Campus Eateries
- Campus Plants and Landscapes
- Provided by Stanford Grounds Services, learn about a wide variety of topics related to the
- CAS Science Spotlight
- Catalysts and Catalysed Reactions
- CEN: ChemJobs
- Tools, resources, and expert career advice to help new and experienced chemists reach their
- Chemical & Engineering News Online
- CMS Molecular Biology Resource
- A compendium of electronic and Internet-accessible tools for Molecular Biology, Biotechnology,
Molecular Evolution, Biochemistry, and Biomolecular Modeling.
- Comprehensive Organometallic Chemistry III
- Crossfire — New Version Available
- New version of Crossfire software for searching Beilstein and Gmelin.
- Critter Chemistry
- Current Protocols Online
- e-Book of the Month
- Endnote Tech Support
- Technical support and services for EndNote bibliography management software.
- Engineering Village
- Inter Active Terminology for Europe
- European Commissions multilingual term bank, an invaluable tool for translators, interpreters,
terminologists and other linguists worldwide. [formerly EuroDic Autom]
- Explore Chemical History
- Distributed computing project which studies protein folding,
misfolding, aggregation, and related diseases. Algorithms are
designed such that every computer that joins the project produces a
commensurate increase in simulation speed.
- GEN Biotechnology Database
- Google Guide
- Household Products Database
- Intellicast: Weather for Active Lives
- Intute: Science, Engineering and Technology
- Free access to high quality Internet resources for students,
researchers and practitioners in the physical sciences.
- IUPAC-NIST Solubility Database
- Knovel Science and Engineering Handbooks
- Leading science and engineering books and databases online.
- Linus Pauling Centenary Celebration
- 2001 marked the 100th anniversary of Linus Pauling’s birth.
- Linus Pauling Research Notebooks
- Live Science
- Luminaries of the Chemical Sciences
- Reviews the work of intellectual giants in the first of a series of books called The Chronicles
- Making the Right Moves: A Practical Guide to Scientific Management for Postdocs and New Faculty (HHMI)
- Merck Index on the Web
- Merck Index available online.
- Natural Product Updates (SU only)
- Natural Products Updates online, from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- NCBI Handbook
- Describes NCBI databases and search engines, how they work, and how
they can be leveraged for bioinformatics research.
- NDRL/NIST Solution Kinetics Database
- Data on rate constants for solution-phase chemical reactions, designed to be searched by
reactants, products, solvents, or any combination of these.
- Office of Postdoctoral Services
- Information about the appointment process, the benefits program, available resources in the
university, fellowship and grant applications, and university regulations and guidelines.
- Online Safety Training Videos
- Safety videos in RealPlayer format, from Stanford Environmental Health and Safety.
- Periodic Table (C&EN Sp. Issue)
- Perry’s Handbook for Chemical Engineers
- PostDoc Network
- RefWorks: Web-Based Bib Management
- Research Channel Programs
- Programs from the C-SPAN of scientific and medical research.
- Royal Society’s Digital Archive
- Science’s Next Wave (SU only)
- Career development resource for scientists, from the American Association for the Advancement of
- Science of Synthesis Available Online
- Science of Synthesis now available online to the Stanford community.
- SciFinder Scholar: Version 2004
- Stanford Chemistry Department History
- The early history of Stanford University’s Chemistry Department, written by Professor Eric Hutchinson.
- Stanford Genomic Resources
- Hyperlinks to systematic analysis projects, resources, laboratories, and departments at Stanford
- Stanford University Science and Technology News
- Science and technology news from the Stanford Report.
- This Week in Chemical History
- Milestones in chemical history, from the ACS.
- What Every Chemist Should Know About Patents (pdf)
- What’s That Stuff
- A collection of articles that gives you a look at the chemistry behind a wide variety of
- The San Francisco Bay Area Festival of Science, Wonderfest aspires to challenge unexamined
beliefs, stimulate curiosity, promote careful reasoning, and encourage life-long learning.
Wonderfest achieves these ends by presenting series of scientific events to the general public.
August 18, 2010