Subject Guides Prepared by the Swain Library
General Guide |
Analytical Chemistry |
Chemical Laboratory Safety |
Drug Information |
Inorganic Chemistry |
Life Scientists |
Physical Chemistry |
Polymer Chemistry |
Searching the Internet |
Abstracts and Indexes |
Books on the Web |
Bibliographies and Guides to Resources |
Educational Resources |
Historical Materials |
Legal Issues |
Sequences and Structures |
Selected Historical Materials
- Amihan-Vega, Belita.
The Structure of Knowledge Production for Philippine Agriculture [microform]
- Location: Education Microtext MFILM N.S. 10663
- Benninga, Harm.
A History of Lactic Acid Making
(Dordrecht, Netherland: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1990)
- Location: Green Library Stacks TP248 .L3 B46 1990
- Bud, Robert.
The Uses of Life: A History of Biotechnology
(Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1993)
- Location: Green Library Stacks TP248.18 .B83 1993
- Cray, William C.
Miles, 1884–1984: A Centennial History
(Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, 1984)
- Location: Green Library Stacks HD9999 .B444 M553 1984
- De Cara Al Nuevo Milenio. 1st ed.
(San Jose, Costa Rica: Editorial Universidad Estatal a Distancia, 1989)
- Location: SAL3 HC143 .D41 1989 (Request delivery with Socrates)
- Jones, Stephanie.
The Biotechnologists and the Evolution of Biotech Enterprises in the USA and Europe
(Houndmills: Macmillan, 1992)
- Location: Jackson Business HD9999 .B442 J664 1992
- Lim, Phillip Wonhyuk.
The Privatization of Species
(1992, copyright 1993)
- Location: Spec Coll — Univ Archives 3781 1993 L
SAL1&2 3781 1993 L
- Milestones in Biotechnology
(Boston: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1992)
- Location: Lane Medical History TP248.6 .M55 1992
- NIH Observes Centennial; The Warren Grant Magnuson Clinical Center, Heart of the NIH;
NIH and the Health Professions; NIH Support for Basic Research, Fostering the Biotechnology
Revolution; NIH Extramural Programs, Creating a Worldwide Laboratory
(Bethesda, Md.: National Institutes of Health, 1987)
- Location: Government Documents HE 20.3038:Ex 8
- Orsenigo, Luigi.
The Emergence of Biotechnology
(New York: St. Martin’s Press, 1989)
- Location: Jackson Business HD9999 .B442O77 1989
- Rabinow, Paul.
Making PCR: A Story of Biotechnology
(Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 1996)
- Location: Green Library Stacks QP606 .D46 R33 1996
- Takamine, Jokichi.
Takamine, Documents from the Dawn of Industrial Biotechnology
(Elkhart, Ind.: Miles Inc., 1988)
- Location: Green Library Stacks QD415 .T34 1988
- Traditional Crop Breeding Practices
(Paris: Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, 1993)
- Location: Green Library Stacks SB123 .T7 1993
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine
Available online at
History of Science, Technology, and Medicine.
This is the electronic version of two annually published bibliographies: (1)
Current Bibliography in the History of Technology (CBHT), published in the journal
Technology and Culture; and (2) Current Bibliography of the History of Science
and its Cultural Influences (CBHS), published in the journal ISIS.
Coverage begins with the 1987 CBHT and the 1976 CBHS and goes forward to the most recent.
Searches in this file are actually sent to a database maintained by the Research Libraries
Group as part of their CitaDel service.
For reference help or to make comments about this file, please contact Henry Lowood, Curator
for History of Science & Technology Collections, in Green Library, TEL: 723-4602,
May 21, 2009