General Guide |
Analytical Chemistry |
Chemical Laboratory Safety |
Drug Information |
Inorganic Chemistry |
Life Scientists |
Physical Chemistry |
Polymer Chemistry |
Searching the Internet |
General Guide for Chemists and Chemical Engineers
Women in Science
Selected Resources |
- The Ada Project
- Clearinghouse for information and resources relating to women in computing. Has a nice list
of other sites on women in science and technology.
- Contributions of 20th Century Women to Physics
- Archive of data on 86 twentieth century women who have made original and important contributions
to physics. The citations describe and document their major contributions and provide biographical
information pertaining to the scientific lives of the women.
- Distinguished Women of the Past and Present
- Biographies of women who contributed to our culture in many different ways, including writers,
educators, scientists, heads of state, politicians, civil rights crusaders, artists, and
- Internet Resources for Women in the Sciences
- Links for student and professional women in the sciences and engineering.
- Women in Science
- Profiles of sixteen women scientists, spanning several centuries and nationalities.
- Women in Science
- Resources for female science students, including a section for contacting mentors currently
working in the sciences.
- Stanford Society of Women Engineers
- Strives to build programs based on women’s issues in engineering, promote corporate
involvement, spark interest in engineering and science at the pre-college level, and create a
friendly, interactive atmosphere within Stanford SWE and in the Stanford engineering community.
- Women in Science and Engineering
- Sponsored by the Stanford University Vice Provost for Graduate Education, WISE meets weekly for
90 minute, professionally faciliated discussions.
- Stanford Women in Computer Science
- Supports and promotes women in computer science by raising awareness of issues they face
and fostering communication.
- Mechanical Engineering Women’s Group
- A group created “to foster a sense of community and environment of support among graduate
women in engineering at Stanford University.”
- ACS Women Chemists Committee
- Mission is to be leaders in attracting, developing and promoting women in the chemical sciences.
- Advocates for Women in Science, Engineering and Mathematics
- Dedicated to bringing together parents, educators and women professionals in science-related
fields to kindle and support young women’s interest in science, engineering, mathematics
- Association for Women in Science
- Dedicated to achieving equity and full participation for women in science, mathematics,
engineering and technology.
- Iota Sigma Pi: National Honor Society for Women in Chemistry
- Its major objectives are to promote interest in chemistry among women students, to foster mutual
advancement in academic, business, and social life, and to stimulate personal accomplishment in
- National Women’s Hall of Fame
- “To honor in perpetuity these women, citizens of the United States of America whose
contributions to the arts, athletics, business, education, government, the humanities, philanthropy
and science, have been the greatest value for the development of their country.”
- Royal Society of Chemistry: Women Members Network
- Committed to developing and implementing services, facilities and programmes of activity relevant
to the scientific and professional needs of women in chemistry, and actively promotes the entry and
re-entry of women to the profession.
- Society of Women Engineers
- Stimulates women to achieve full potential in careers as engineers and leaders, expands the image
of the engineering profession as a positive force in improving the quality of life, and demonstrates
the value of diversity.
May 20, 2010