General Guide |
Analytical Chemistry |
Chemical Laboratory Safety |
Drug Information |
Inorganic Chemistry |
Life Scientists |
Physical Chemistry |
Polymer Chemistry |
Searching the Internet |
General Guide for Chemists and Chemical Engineers
Stanford Links |
- Office of Research Administration
- Funding Opportunities
- Stanford Office of Sponsored Research
- The Office of Sponsored Research provides pre and post award administration of sponsored projects to the University.
- “Website has wealth of research funding options” (Stanford Report, October 24, 2001)
- Stanford School of Medicine, Research Management Group. Funding Information for Faculty
- Searchable Funding Databases
- ACS Younger Chemists Committee Award Opportunities
- Information regarding awards that are specifically targeted, or historically
won by, younger chemists.
- Education World: Grants Center
- In addition to lists of grants, Education World also provides informative
grant writing resources.
- GrantsNet (for Biological and Medical Sciences)
- A searchable, continuously updated, database of funding opportunities in biomedical
research and science education. It contains programs that offer training and
research funding for graduate and medical students, postdoctoral fellows, and
junior faculty, as well as programs in science, math, engineering, and technology
for undergraduate faculty and students.
- Hertz Foundation Graduate Student Fellowships
- A private foundation which provides fellowships tenable at three dozen of the
nation’s finest universities for graduate work leading to award of the Ph.D.
degree in applications of the physical sciences.
- Journals Grants for International Authors (RSC)
- Support for international authors who publish in RSC
journals wishing to visit other countries. A significant proportion of the fund will be for visits to
the UK or another European Union country. The objectives of a visit should be: to collaborate in
research, or to exchange research ideas and results, or to give or receive special expertise and
- NIH Office of Extramural Research
- News, information, and resources about NIH
grants and fellowships.
- NSF Funding Opportunities and Awards
- The NSF funds research and education in science and engineering, through grants,
contracts, and cooperative agreements. The Foundation accounts for about 20
percent of federal support to academic institutions for basic research.
- U.S. Civilian R & D Foundation for the Independent States of the Former USSR
- The U.S. Civilian Research & Development Foundation (CRDF) is a nonprofit
charitable organization created by the United States Government in 1995. This
unique public-private partnership promotes scientific and technical collaboration
between the United States and the countries of the Former Soviet Union (FSU).
- The Welch Foundation. Research Grant Program
- “The general policy of The Robert A. Welch Foundation is to support fundamental
chemical research at educational institutions within the state of Texas.”