[an error occurred while processing this directive]
An Introduction to Computer Searching of
STN International Version
Typical Purposes for Searching Chemical Abstracts
- acquire a list of references on a topic, e.g.
- specific instrumental techniques
- new applications of laboratory techniques
- new photochemical techniques
- find review articles on a topic, e.g., above.
- first, locate relevant Registry Numbers
- via chemical name: complete name or segments of names
- via molecular formula
- via structure search (exact or substructure)
- second, search for articles, patents, etc.
- articles on a specific topic
- recent articles by author on any topic
- complete bibliography of an author