The Urban Studies minor requires students to complete two types of courses:
- URBANST 110. Introduction to Urban Studies,
- URBANST 112. The Urban Underclass (same as SOC 149),
- URBANST 113. Introduction to Urban Design, and
- URBANST 114. Cities in Comparative Perspective (same as ANTHRO 126).
CONCENTRATIONS: Urban Studies minors must complete at least 3 courses in a concentration. One must be the required course in that concentration. Each student must consult with a faculty advisor to develop a program that meets their intellectual goals.
Students choose one of the following concentrations:
- Cities in Comparative and Historical Perspective,
- Urban Education, or
- Urban Society and Social Change
Keep in mind that courses counted toward a minor cannot also be counted toward a major.
Ready to declare? Click here.