Condensed Matter Physics
There are regions in the phase diagrams of the high Tc cuprate superconductors where tantalizing clues of strong new pairing mechanisms exist. I collaborate with Ian Fisher, and Wendy Mao using chemical and high pressure techniques, and with Mac Beasley and Bob Hammond using advanced thin film deposition techniques to prepare he new materials and with the KGB group in measuring their properties.
- Enhanced Superconductivity in Sr2CuO4-v
- Experimental investigation of electronic properties of buried heterointerfaces of LaAlO3 on SrTiO3
- Superconductivity in zigzag CuO chains
- The Never-Ending Search for High Temperature Superconductivity
- Tetragonal CuO: end member of the 3d transition metal monoxides