Clinician Educator Housing Programs
Among the staff benefits available to Clinican Educators at Stanford are the following housing assistance programs:
- The Clinician Educator Housing Allowance Supplement
(CE-HAS) is a taxable fringe benefit that provides additional compensation for first time home buyers
within the local area. To apply for CE-HAS, complete the CE-HAS application form.
Return both the signed original application form and initialed Exhibit to FSH.
Faxes will not be accepted. This program is administered by Stanford University Faculty Staff Housing (FSH).
- The Clinician Educator Deferred Interest Program (CE-DIP)
is a non-amortizing zero current interest mortgage loan with a deferred
interest feature. This program is administered by Stanford University Faculty Staff Housing (FSH).
- The Clinician Educator Zero Interest Program (CE-ZIP)
is a non-amortizing zero interest mortgage loan with no payments that may have a forgivable feature.
This program is administered by Stanford University Faculty Staff Housing (FSH).
- The Clinician Educator - Arranged Mortgage (CE-AM) program is administered by the Stanford Federal Credit Union. The payments on the CE-AM are fixed at interest only for the first 5 years and adjust to both principal and interest in years 6 through 20 with a balloon payment due in year 20. More information is available at https://www.sfcu.org/loans-and-credit-cards/home-loans/ceam.
Eligibility- All of the following criteria must be met:
1. Stanford University employees who are Clinician Educators appointed as a: Clinical Assistant Professor, Clinical Associate Professor, or Clinical Professor; and
2. Are appointed for a term of three years or more with the possibility of reappointment; and
3. Are first time buyers, and their spouse or registered domestic partner, who have had no ownership interest in
a residential property located within the area described as the (Qualifying Limit) in the
three years prior to receipt of a written offer of employment from Stanford; and
4. Are buyers whose inital appointment as a Clinician Educator or whose promotion within the Clinician Educator line began on or after July 1, 2004; and
5. Are buyers who are employed at seventy-five percent (75%) time or greater; and
6. Are considered benefits eligible Stanford University employees.
Note: Clinical Instructors, Affiliated Clinician Educators, Adjunct Clinician Educators, Clinician Educators who have courtesy appointments, and Clinician Educators who have temporary appointments while awaiting an appointment as a professor in the MCL line are not eligible for this program.
All programs can be used singly or in combination with one or more other programs.
(top of page)
Nothing on this site or in the documents it contains should be construed
as an offer or commitment of any kind. Programs and eligibility requirements
can be changed or discontinued without notice.