Uversity, a college of the National University of Ireland, is pleased to invite graduates from Stanford University to apply for the Creative Impact Scholarship, a full tuition scholarship for the Master of Arts in Creative Process, commencing in September 2015.
Uversity is a new initiative in higher education for the creative arts that has been founded by the universities, institutes of technology and independent colleges across the island of Ireland.
This scholarship seeks to attract exceptional graduates with the potential to make a creative difference in their future careers. Applicants will be judged on the basis of merit.
The programme pivots around the process of creativity and students will work with a personal mentor to design a programme that is unique to his or her learning requirements.
Modules may be chosen from the following categories:
To review full module listing, view it at www.uversity.org/modules.
This is a location-based experience for 12 months in Ireland and students will take modules in different partner campuses depending on their choices.
Participating partners include University College Dublin, University College Cork, University of Limerick, NUI Galway, NUI Maynooth, Dublin City University, University of Ulster, Cork Institute of Technology, Institute of Technology Tralee, Institute of Art, Design and Technology, National College of Art and Design, Burren College of Art and the Royal Irish Academy of Music. More modules will be published shortly. A full list of Founding Partners is available at the end of this document.
Uversity is a Recognised College of the National University of Ireland and a Registered Charity.
Eligibility and Terms
To be considered for the scholarship, students must have an interest in participating on an innovative student-led programme of study. The entry criteria are listed on the website – www.uversity.org/entry-criteria .
The terms and conditions are outlined below:
1) Candidates that are awarded the full scholarship will be covered for one year of tuition fees for the Master of Arts in Creative Process including any supplemental fees.
2) Candidates that receive a partial scholarship will receive a contribution towards the tuition fees for the Master of Arts in Creative Process. The remaining balance, including any supplemental fees, is payable in full by the student in advance of 29th August 2014. *
3) Accommodation, living and travel expenses are at the candidate’s own expense.
4) Scholarships are open to self-funding candidates.
5) Applicants from EU and non-EU countries are eligible to apply.
6) Successful candidates will be selected on merit by the Scholarship Committee.
7) Only complete applications received before 29 June 2014 will be considered.
8) The standard application process applies (www.uversity.org/apply). All applicants should be prepared to be interviewed by skype or videoconference.
9) Decisions made by the Scholarship Committee are final.
10) Successful candidates must commit to becoming a Uversity Student Ambassador to promote Uversity through micro-blogging, testimonials, video interviews and other activities that help to promote the Uversity experience to future students.
11) A student who withdraws, cancels or becomes inactive, is suspended, or dismissed from
Uversity will lose his/her scholarship eligibility. A student who takes such a status due to medical reasons may appeal in writing to the Scholarship Committee to have his/her scholarship reinstated. The appeal must be submitted with supporting documentation, such as a letter from a doctor. In such a case, for there to be a possibility for reinstatement, a student’s leave from Uversity cannot exceed two consecutive semesters.
12) A candidate who declines an initial offer of admission and accompanying scholarship offer
will not retain his/her scholarship offer if he/she reapplies at a later date.
* In addition to the Scholarship by Invitation, Uversity is offering a number of partial scholarships with a value of €9000 and €3000 in an Open Call. Invited applicants that are not awarded the full tuition scholarship may be considered for a partial fee waiver.
Please see official website for application details.
Phone: +353 1 687 5999