IAESTE Internship Program
Back to Scholarships >>
The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience (IAESTE) is an internship exchange organization that matches science and engineering students in over 80 participating countries with paid work experience abroad, most often in the form of scientific research or industrial internships.
Positions are available in industry, research institutes and universities, consulting firms, labs, and other work environments. Most placements are for 8-12 weeks during the summer, but fall and longer-term placements are also available. Best of all, Stanford students pay reduced application fees and program fees for participating in internships due to Stanford's institutional membership!
Applicants for IAESTE must:
- be currently enrolled full-time in a bachelor's, master's, or Ph.D. program at the time of application. International students studying in the U.S. are welcome to apply
- have attained junior-level standing or above by the time you begin your internship. Sophomores and graduating seniors may also apply.
- be enrolled in a technical field of study (i.e. engineering, computer science, architecture, natural and physical sciences, or agricultural sciences).
- be between the ages of 19 and 30.
Applicants must register online. They are then eligible to apply for multiple job placements. An application consists of the following:
- Resume/CV: should include in-depth descriptions of any work experiences, responsibilities or projects relevant to your field.
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of enrollment: a statement from your university, usually the registrar's office, verifying the dates for which you have been enrolled as a full-time student.
- List of courses: should include all relevant courses, course numbers, complete course titles (no abbreviations), and a description of course content
- Essays: two concise essays which address both of the following questions in 250 words or less per essay
- Explain your motivations for working abroad and what you hope to gain from this experience.
- Explain how you are technically qualified for each of the particular positions that you selected and briefly highlight your skills and experience
Details on the application process can be found on the official website.
Top of page