PhpBB Service Details
From Web Services Wiki
Service Page Location
The list of locations where MediaWiki can be installed is composed of all the /dept and /group spaces that meet the following requirements (/class and personal directories are not yet supported):
- The group or department must have a valid CGI account.
- The group or department must have a valid -admin PTS group. For example, /dept/its has the group dept_its-admins.
- The person using the form to request an installation has to belong to the -admin group. It’s not enough to have admin rights to the dept or group space. If you don’t see your group or department listed, submit a HelpSU request.
- Once you have chosen a department or group space in which to install the application, the installer will check that the department or group is under its limit of 20 databases. You can install multiple phpBB sites (in separately named directories), but keep in mind that each one uses its own unique database that counts toward the 20-database limit.
- You do not have to create a database beforehand. It will be done for you.
All applications will have their databases backed up (with a four day rotation) in the <dept-or-group-name>/db_private/ directory. Because the backups are stored in AFS, they do count against the 1GB quota.
- Installation must be within cgi-bin directory.
- Files will be stored under the default location under cgi-bin: there is no need to specify the location during installation.
- A full installation of phpBB will be copied to the designated directory.
- HTTP Authentication (Webauth) (if selected during install)
- New, non-webauth accounts require approval by admin