- A project, launched summer 2005, by ITS Unix Services team to update the @lists mailing list service backend to modern software.
- As of August 2006, approximately 6000 lists have converted to or been initiated on the new MailMan system.
Purpose: To establish maintainable software going forward and to bring the general campus mailing list service up to date.
- The majordomo system was being customized locally with no clear external support and was becoming a resource burden to maintain.
- Mailman is open-source and used and supported in a wide variety of locales.
Status: The intention is to convert all mailing lists on the Majordomo system by the end of September 2006 and to retire the Majordomo system on October 31st, 2006.
- General Questions about this project should be directed to: email@example.com
- Project Manager: Xueshan Feng (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Project Manager: Tim Torgenrud (email@example.com)