Back Row (left to right): Emiko Yasumoto Magnani, Michelle Rogoyski, Yoshiko Tomiyama, Momoe Saito Fu, Chie Muramatsu
Front Row (left to right):
Emi Mukai, Professor Yoshiko Matsumoto (Coordinator), Momoyo Kubo Lowdermilk
The Japanese language program offers courses in a variety of focuses and levels to meet your goals of learning Japanese. All courses are designed to build a solid foundation of language proficiency and promote your further development of all-around skills in Japanese.
Japanese Language, Culture & Communication Courses (5-unit Track)
- First-Year: JAPANLNG 1, 2, 3 (Formerly 7, 8, 9)
- Second-Year: JAPANLNG 21, 22, 23 (Formerly 17, 18, 19)
- Third-Year: JAPANLNG 101, 102, 103 (Formerly 117, 118, 119)
Graduate Level Course
- Advanced / 4th Year Level: JAPANLNG 211, 212, 213
Japanese Language Essentials Courses (3-unit Track)
- Intermediate Conversation: JAPANLNG 11A, 11B, 11C
- From Intermediate to Advanced: JAPANLNG 31A, 31B, 31C
- Advanced Conversation: JAPANLNG 111A, 111B, 111C
Summer Intensive Courses
- Japanese for Professionals: JAPANLNG 104A, 104B, 104C
- Japanese Through Films: JAPANLNG 113F, 114F, 115F
- For further information, please contact Professor Yoshiko Matsumoto, the Japanese program coordinator.
- For questions about majoring or minoring in Japanese, please visit the Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures web site.
- For the overseas program in Kyoto, see the Bing Overseas Studies website.
Please visit http://japanese.stanford.edu to find out more about Japanese language courses.