The 1994 Christmas Skit
for the Department of Physics
at Leland Stanford Junior University
Here it is, the world's first(?) electronic playbill. It has all the
advantages of the 'Net: it's raw, disorganized, and in the end, it
ain't much -- but hey, it's free.
- The script
- A lot of people asked for the script to the skit. I have
placed my copy on the Web, but be warned that this was a
free-form collaboration, and none of us stuck exactly to our
- The props (where feasible)
- Some of the props were textual information, so I put those
on-line. NOTE: Looking at the props will give
away some of the plot -- read the script first.
- The obligatory production notes
- Every time I see a student theatre group do a show, the
playbill includes a statement of inflated importance by the
director or producer. Since we didn't have either, I seized
the chance to write my own.
- A list of credits
- In case you'd like to shower your adulation on the actors, you
can find their names here. NOTE: The effect
is heightened if you
read the script before you look at the cast of
The Electronic Playbill is a creation of Bernard HP Gilroy
(firstname.lastname@example.org); contact him with your comments.