A major recent focus of our data governance and stewardship efforts has been the development of standards, best practices, and especially documentation — metadata about metadata. These materials are compiled into an annotated index of resources, Getting Started with Stanford Data Governance (metadata about metadata about metadata?).
This document is intended as a quick reference for users from a variety of perspectives, compiling information on themes including:
- The SUDS Dictionary (the basics)
- Goals and principles
- Field inventory and usage
- Running a Data Stewardship Group
- Creating Content in the SUDS Dictionary
- Developing definitions
- Creating new term names
- Policy references
- Reporting definitions
- Using Collibra
- Further Reading: Data Governance and Data Stewardship at Stanford
- Data Governance and Data Stewardship at Stanford
- The Stanford Data Governance Maturity Model
The document will be updated as materials evolve, with updates announced here (RSS this page to easily watch for updates) as well as circulated to core participants in Stanford’s DG/DS efforts.