IR&DS conducts surveys of students and faculty and provides expertise on survey research methodology and tools. The following surveys are conducted regularly:
- Survey of New Students: A survey of all entering freshmen conducted every year.
- Enrolled Student Survey: A survey of all enrolled undergraduates conducted every four years.
- Senior Survey: A survey of graduating seniors conducted every year.
- Doctoral Student Exit Survey: A survey of PhD recipients conducted every quarter.
- Alumni Survey: Conducted every 5 years.
- Ad hoc surveys on specific issues.