Minor in Geophysics
The Geophysics minor provides students with a general knowledge of geophysics in addition to a background in the related fields of physics, mathematics, and geology. The minor consists of three required classes (8 units), two electives (6units) and prerequisites in mathematics and physics. The departmental program proposal form can be downloaded from http://geo.stanford.edu/GP/undergraduate/major.html.
- GES 1. Fundamentals of Geology
- GEOPHYS 150. General Geophysics
or GEOPHYS 190. Introduction to Geophysical Field Methods
- GEOPHYS 201. Frontiers of Geophysical Research at Stanford
- Two additional approved upper-level (100 or higher) Geophysics lectures courses, typically chosen from GEOPHYS 107, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 222, 262.
- MATH 19,20,21 or 41. Calculus
- PHYSICS 41. Mechanics