Career Development Center
Center Office: 563 Salvatierra Walk
Web Site: http://cardinalcareers.stanford.edu
Counseling ServicesMonday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 12 noon, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; (650) 725-1789.
Employment ServicesMonday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; (650) 723-9014.
Reference File ServicesMonday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 12 noon, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.; (650) 723-1548.
The Career Development Center (CDC) offers services such as counseling, workshops, presentations, on-campus recruiting, job/internship databases, reference file services, library resources, and alumni networking, to help students make informed decisions and to plan for life after Stanford.
Services are available to undergraduate and graduate students, and all students are encouraged to visit in person or via the web. Programs and services are free to students; limited services are available to alumni and student spouses/domestic partners.
The following suggestions may assist students in getting the most out of the CDC:
- Visit early in a Stanford career.
- Register with the CDC's Cardinal Career online system to access internships, part-time and full-time.
- Gather general career information through the career resource library, jobs and internship database, handouts, and alumni network.
- Inquire about individual counseling for all stages of career planning and development.
- Participate in workshops and other programs to clarify career goals.
- Use the Reference File Service to ease the management of applications for graduate school or employment.