Bechtel International Center
Web Site: http://icenter.stanford.edu
The Bechtel International Center (I-Center) is a meeting place for students and senior research scholars at Stanford from throughout the world and for internationally oriented U.S. students, faculty, and short-term visitors on the campus. Through a variety of social, cultural, and educational programs, I-Center facilities are used to acquaint students and scholars with the life of the University and the community, and to bring them together in activities of mutual interest.
The Center believes that international educational exchange nurtures a lifelong global perspective, and plays a key role in supporting Stanford's standing as a truly international university in the following ways:
- Provides information about and assistance with obtaining and maintaining legal status in the U.S. to foreign students, scholars, and Stanford departments.
- Advises U.S. students who are pursuing scholarships for study and research abroad.
- Enables foreign students, scholars, and their family members at Stanford to receive maximum academic, cultural, and personal benefit from their stays in the U.S.
- Contributes to international activities at Stanford by helping to create a welcoming and supportive environment that is responsive to the needs of the international community.
- Facilitates professional meetings between visiting international delegations and their Stanford counterparts.
- Provides opportunities for Stanford students, faculty, staff, and members of the local community to broaden their horizons by interacting with people from different cultures through programs to increase international awareness and understanding.