- Study on Undergraduate Education at Stanford appointed and charged.
Winter and Spring Quarters 2010
- Charge is presented to Faculty Senate.
- Members begin to meet, read, and discuss current requirements and goals for undergraduate education in general in bimonthly meetings and quarterly retreats.
- Stakeholder meetings with
- Undergraduates in dorm meetings and town hall; plus surveys
- Faculty in Faculty Senate, departmental, and interdisciplinary groups
- Other partners in undergraduate education, including Introduction to Humanities; Program and Writing in Rhetoric; Structured Liberal Education; Language Center; Bing Overseas Studies Program; Undergraduate Advising and Research; Residential Education; Haas Center for Public Service
- Six SUES members attend Institute on General Education organized by the Association of American Colleges & Universities (June 4-9)
Summer Quarter 2010
- Members read in focused areas
Autumn and Winter Quarters 2010-2011
- Subcommittees appointed and charged. Will meet at least bimonthly
- Entire SUES group continues to meet bimonthly
- Additional progress reports to Faculty Senate and stakeholder meetings, including: department chairs and program directors in the School of Humanities & Sciences, Admissions, Athletics, CAPS, and academic departments
- Alumni Survey
Spring Quarter 2011
- Draft of recommendations prepared and presented to C-USP with update to Faculty Senate
- Site visits to other institutions
- Additional stakeholder meetings
Summer Quarter 2011
Autumn Quarter 2011
- Report with recommendations presented to Faculty Senate for vote
Back to Top