The 2004 Jane Stanford Memorial Tournament was played at Stanford on May 15, 2004. Eight teams competed. After a full-round robin, teams were divided into two brackets:
Upper Bracket (playing for the top four spots):
Mission San Jose A (6-1)
Half Moon Bay A (5-2)
Mission San Jose B (4-3, won the half-match tie-breaker)
Lower Bracket (playing for the botton four spots):
Bentley (4-3, lost the half-match tie-breaker)
Mission San Jose C (3-4)
Asinine Academy (1-6)
Half Moon Bay B (0-7)
Full stats and standings from the round-robin are available here.
The final standings are:
1. Mission San Jose A (9-1 overall, 3-0 top bracket)
2. Half Moon Bay A (7-3 overall, 2-1 top bracket)
3. Menlo-Atherton (6-4 overall, 1-2 top bracket)
4. Mission San Jose B (4-6 overall, 0-3 top bracket)
5. Bentley (7-3 overall, 3-0 lower bracket)
6. Mission San Jose C (4-6 overall, 1-2 lower bracket)
7. Asinine Academy (3-7 overall, 2-1 lower bracket)
8. Half Moon Bay B (0-10 overall, 0-3 lower bracket)
Upper bracket results and stats are avalable here.
Lower bracket results and state are avalable here.
Congratulations to Mission San Jose A!
The top scorers of the round-robin were:
Kevin Mission A 77.86
Vernon Half Moon A 72.14
Daniel Menlo Atherton 47.14
Brett Bentley 40.71
Simon Mission B 40.71
Roger Mission A 37.14
Clifford Half Moon A 29.29
Steven Mission C 26.43
Darwin Mission C 25.71
Kevin Half Moon B 25.71
Thanks to everyone who attended, and to Eric S., Eric M., and Mike for
moderating. Special thanks to the adults from Bentley for moderating and score-keeping.
Watch the Bay
Area High School Quiz Bowl Calendar for more tournaments from us next year.