Pure Hotness won the Fall 2007 Stanford Intramural Quizbowl Tournament, held on Saturday, October 20, 2007,
defeating the Vanishing Blueberries, 360-195, after surviving a narrow upset bid by Cult of the Shrike, whom
they defeated 345-335. The Blueberries themselves upset 1st-seeded Gamecocks in the semifinals, 330-255.
Pure Hotness, led by Bill -- the third highest scorer in the tournament --
and rounded out by CJ, Tommy, and Marissa, compiled a perfect
7-0 record in the tournament and won several books from the Stanford Book Store.
The Vanishing Blueberries, comprising Jeff, Miriam, Elliot, and Stacey, finished
Congratulations to all teams that participated!
The top eight individual scorers in the round-robin received a book from the Stanford Bookstore. They were:
- Sexton, Cult of the Shrike, 76 PPG
- Steven, Backstreet Fro, 65 PPG
- Bill, Pure Hotness, 51 PPG
- Ethan, Backside Attack, 47 PPG
- Frank, Gamecocks, 47 PPG
- Jeff, Vanishing Blueberries, 45 PPG
- Heidi, Freshman Queefs, 45 PPG
- Ed, Gamecocks, 38 PPG
The participating teams were:
- Point Defects (Markus, James, Andrew)
- Griffendonners (Alex, An, Jenna, Joachim, Vy)
- Gamecocks (Jason, Edward, Patrick)
- Backside Attack (Conrad, Ethan, Charles)
- Dan Blatnik's 3-D Trivia '98 (Noah, Nick, Tim, Dan) (exhibition team)
- Fighting Phi Psi's (Neel, Josh, Dawit, Dan)
- Freshmen Queefs (Tim, Heidi, Seva)
- Pure Hotness (Marissa, Tommy, Bill, CJ)
- The Backstreet Fro (Heather, Alissa, Steven, Diana)
- The Gwanak Crew (Michael, Tim, Mark, Luke)
- Vanishing Blueberries (Stacey, Jeff, Miriam, Elliot)
- The Cult of the Shrike (Naef, Anish, Mike)
- FroSoCo Love (Michelle, Danny, Chris, Adeline)
Full statistics and standings can be found here: Preliminaries
To get a jump on the competition for next quarter, we encourage everyone to come play trivia with us
Mondays and Thursdays from 7pm to 10pm on the 3rd floor of
Building 160, Wallenberg Hall. These practices are very informal; drop by when you can.
The Stanford Quiz Bowl Club runs and competes in many tournaments throughout
the year, including special events for new players. Stay informed by
joining our email lists:
To get the latest news on practices, special events, and
the tournaments we attend and host, join the club email list by clicking here.
People interested only in occasional intramural play should join our low-traffic IM list instead. Click here to sign up.
This event was supported by
funding from the Associated Students of Stanford University and the VPUE/VPSA.