SIG offers dozens of fully-funded public service internships every summer in a range of organizations around the world. You can find the list of fellowships below, and in the drop down menu under the Fellowships tab. Students from all majors and years are encouraged to apply, as the fellowships represent public service through a variety of disciplines.
Please reference the Application Information section in the drop-down menu under the Fellowships tab for the question and materials the application requires.
The application deadline for this year is February 6, 2014 at 11:59pm; letters of recommendation will be accepted on the application website until Monday, February 10th at 11:59pm. Below are this year’s fellowships opportunities.
Click here to apply now!
Please direct any questions to SIG’s Vice-Chair of Fellowships, Lauryn Williams.
Applicants may also be interested in pursuing a SIG Stipend (funding for a self-arranged internship). For more information about that program, please click here. You may apply for both Stipends and Fellowships, but the applications are completely separate.
Available Fellowships for Summer 2014:
- World Wildlife Fund (Belize)
- California Governor’s Office of Planning & Research (Sacramento, CA)
- Office of State Senator Ted Lieu ’91 BS Computer Science/BA Political Science (D-Torrance) (Sacramento, CA)
- Office of Santa Clara County Supervisor Joe Simitian ’00 MA International Policy Studies (San Jose, CA) – New in 2014
- Delta and Statewide Water Management (Sacramento, CA) – New in 2014
- Environmental Defense Fund (San Francisco, CA) – New in 2014
- Office of Congressman Xavier Becerra, D-CA (Washington, DC) – New in 2014
- Office of Tom Torlakson, California Superintendent of Public Instruction (Sacramento, CA)
- CA Department of Finance (Sacramento, CA)
- Project on Government Oversight (Washington, DC)
- StudentsFirst (Sacramento, CA)
- Sunlight Foundation (Washington, DC)
- Global Integrity (Washington, DC)
- National Endowment for Democracy (Washington DC)
- San Jose Auditor’s Office (San Jose, CA)
Human Rights/Civil Rights
- International Labor Organization (Geneva, Switzerland)
- International Labor Organization (Bangkok, Thailand)
- United Nations High Commission on Refugees – Shelter and Settlement Section (Geneva, Switzerland) – New in 2014
- United Nations High Commission on Refugees – Innovation Section (Geneva, Switzerland) – New in 2014
- National Labor Relations Board (Washington, DC)
- Internews (Washington, DC)
- Internews (Bosnia) – New in 2014
- International Center on Nonviolent Conflict (Washington, DC)
- Millennium Challenge Corporation (Washington, DC)
- Global Center for Development and Democracy (Lima, Peru)
- New York City Economic Development Corporation (New York City, NY)
- The Ghana Center for Democratic Development (Accra, Ghana)
- Reserve Bank of India (Mumbai, India)
- The Carter Center (Atlanta, GA)
- Non-Profit Enterprise and Self-sustainability Team (Lima, Peru) – New Location in 2014
- Non-Profit Enterprise and Self-sustainability Team (Budapest, Hungary)
- Ministry of Finance and Economic Empowerment (Port Louis, Mauritius)
- Brookings Doha Center (Doha, Qatar)
- Inter-American Investment Corporation (Washington, DC)
- Center for Legislative Archives (Washington, DC)
- Library of Congress (Washington, DC)
- Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture (Washington, DC)
- Military Division of Tropical Medicine (DC/South America) – New in 2014