Summer 2013 Fellow: Anisha Mudaliar
Faculty Mentor: Nick Hope, Director of the Stanford Center for International Development at SIEPR
- Mumbai branch of the Reserve Bank of India, the main functions of which include: monetary authority, regulator and supervisor of the financial system, manager of foreign exchange, issuer of currency, developmental role, and related functions.
- Located in the business section of Mumbai.
- Staff willing to help fellow with any problems encountered in his/her independent research project.
Office Website: www.rbi.org.in
Projects Fellows Have Worked on in the Past:
- Independent research project on India’s Participation in International Markets: A Study of the Wheat Sector.
- Presentation of research project.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Willingness to work on an independent research project
- Interest in and passion for an area of research they would like to focus on
- Flexible and patient, especially in dealing with the Indian government
- Adaptable to a new environment and culture
- Hard worker
Desired Skills, Experience, and Coursework:
- Sound knowledge of econometrics and comfort with STATA (good performance in Econ 102B)
- Strong computer skills
- Experience speaking in a professional setting and presenting work
- Experience working and interacting in a professional workplace
Main Fellowship Disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Public Policy
All work done in English