For any emergency, Dial 9-1-1
The Stanford University Department of Public Safety is located at:
711 Serra St.You can find us on the corner of Campus Drive and Serra Street, in the Police and Fire building. We are right behind the Valero gas station on campus.
Stanford CA 94305
For general questions during office hours, please contact our main line at: (650)723-9633. Please direct more specific questions to the numbers listed below.
Our office hours are M-F, 8am-5pm.
We operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, every day of the year.
If you need to speak to someone at the station after hours, you may use the red phone located next to the front doors of the station building.
Violence Prevention, Threat Assessment and Response on Campus:Stanford University is committed to maintaining an environment where people feel safe to carry out the university's mission. Education, communication, collaboration, coordination of resources and early intervention are the cornerstones of Stanford's violence prevention efforts. Stanford University views all potential threats in a serious context and, as such, has assembled a Threat Assessment Team consisting of members representing many instrumental departments within the university concerned with promoting a positive and safe academic and work environment at Stanford. For more information, please visit the Violence Prevention & Response on Campus website.
Phone and email contact information:
Requesting a Parking Citation Administrative Review (Parking Citation Appeal)
Requests for a Parking Citation Administrative Review (Appeal) may now be made online at the link below.
For those who may not have easy access to a computer, appeals can also be filed by coming into the Stanford Department of Public Safety at the address shown at the top of this page during regular business hours.
The public phone number for the County of Santa Clara citation management company is 1-800-989-2058
Bicycle Abatement Program: (650) 723-9633
- Inquiries regarding recovered or impounded bikes
- Inquiries about the bicycle abatement program
- Call or send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Also check our Bicycle Programs page for more info
Community Outreach Programs
- Community Police Academy
- Ride Alongs
- Also check our Community Outreach page for more info
Dispatch Center: (650) 329-2413
- After-hours non-emergency contact to request an officer
- Inquiries about employment opportunities at SUDPS
- Also check our Employment page for more info
Live Scan Fingerprinting Applicants: (650) 725-2499
Lost and Found: (650) 723-9639
- Not all found items are turned in directly to Public Safety.
Other areas where lost items may be turned in are:
- TMU Visitor's Center: 725-3565
- Athletic Department: 723-1949
- Marguerite Shuttle Busses: 723-9362
- Green Library: 723-1493
- TMU Visitor's Center: 725-3565
- To file a police report in a non-emergency situation during regular business hours either call our business office at (650) 723-9633 or our dispatch center at (650) 329-2413.
- After hours, on weekends and holidays call dispatch at (650) 329-2413.
- For emergency situations to report an incident call 9-1-1.
Records Unit (non-emergencies, during regular business hours): 723-9633 / FAX: 725-8485
- Inquiries regarding police reports
- Inquiries regarding towed vehicles
- Inquiries regarding parking citations
- To register an on-campus event
- To speak with a Records Associate
Santa Clara County Superior Courts:
Santa Clara County District Attorney's Office: 324-1173
For more information:Do you have other questions about the Department of Public Safety? Call the main business line at (650) 723-9633 or continue viewing the main departmental website by clicking on the links to your left.
Comments about this website?We welcome your comments and suggestions for the website. Please direct them to the webmaster.
The Stanford University Safety, Security & Fire Report on our website.
© Stanford University. Stanford, California 94305. (650) 723-2300.