Community Crime Alerts are reports of major criminal incidents on the campus that could potentially affect the larger Stanford community. While such crimes are not indicative of life on campus, it is important to be aware of them when they do occur and to take the appropriate precautions. Crime Alerts are listed according to the most recent incident.
The Stanford Department of Public Safety urges members of the Stanford Community to take safety precautions both on campus and off campus.
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Walk and travel with friends.
- At night, walk in well-lighted pedestrian routes.
- Carry a cell phone. While on the campus, familiarize yourself with the locations of the tall blue Emergency Telephone Towers and use Suggested Travel Routes whenever possible.
- Refer to the Stanford Department of Public Safety's Safety, Security & Fire Report 2015
- In case of an emergency or to report suspicious activity, do not hesitate to dial 9-1-1.
The Stanford University Safety, Security & Fire Report on our website.
© Stanford University. Stanford, California 94305. (650) 723-2300.