| OVERHEADS | GLOSSARY | REFERENCES | SKILLS | CLASSIC |
These are lessons meant to augment the PRIMARY LABS or
your own lessons. Your students may need some, all or none of these lessons.
You may have better ways to teach these ideas and skills.
- PRETEST - Helps to assess prior knowledge.
- THE MICROSCOPE - Introduction to the parts
of and use of the microscope.
- SIZE UNDER THE MICROSCOPE - How to determine
the size of an object under a student microscope.
- MIXING THE GENE POOL - Why the mixing of
the gene pool in sexual reproduction is an advantage.
- BROODERS VS SPAWNERS - Humans are "brooders"
in that we have few young, which we take care of. Sea urchins are "spawners"
in that they have millions of young with no parental care. So why study sea
- SIMPLE DILUTION - Understanding dilution
is an essential skill in biology. This lesson starts with an understanding
of a simple linear dilution.
- SIMPLE DILUTION 2 - This lesson adds the
element of experimentation in beginning to learn about serial dilutions.
- SPERM DILUTION - Proper sperm dilution
will help students in doing the EXPERIMENTS lab and provides further understanding
of serial dilutions.
- DRAWING LAB - An often neglected scientific
tool. What is important to record? How much detail is needed?