ACSSS is a student-run organization found in 1989. Its mission is to broaden the channels of communication between the Stanford mainland Chinese community and various other cultural, academic, and professional communities in the Bay Area. As representatives of the Stanford Chinese community, ACSSS also seeks to foster an unique appreciation of Chinese culture and provide information on the academic and professional opportunities there to all Stanford community members. Finally, ACSSS will do its best to help incoming Chinese students and scholars settle into the Stanford environment by providing practical services.
ACSSS will fulfill its mission through:
- Sponsoring small social gatherings that permit close interaction between members, as well as large events to bring all members together in celebration of Chinese holidays
- Co-sponsoring social events with other cultural and academic groups on campus that allow members to explore their interests beyond the Chinese community
- Channeling communication between corporations and professionals members, as well as sponsoring career fairs
- Providing a forum for members to voice their opinions and showcase their talents
- Addressing members’s needs through practical services such as airport pick-ups and passport renewal sessions
Suggestions and comments: please address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!