- When can I join a class?
- How do I find out about subs or class cancellations?
- How can I make a suggestion or give feedback about the program?
- Do classes get full?
- Is there a lost and found?
- I bought a drop-in pass but didn't use it on the date specified. Can I use it on another day?
- Can I apply my drop-in pass payments toward the price of a quarter pass?
- What happens if I come to class without buying a pass?
- Who should I contact about online billing problems?
- What do I do if I lost my quarter/academic year pass?
- I'm interested in teaching for Stanford Aerobics and Yoga. What do I need to do?
- Why are classes canceled?
1. When can I join a class?
You may come to any class, beginning at any time, even if it's in the middle of a quarter.You can sign up online to pay for one class at a time, or you can pay for aquarter pass for an unlimited number of classes that quarter.
2. How do I find out about subs or class cancellations?
Due to scheduling conflicts beyond our control, usually due to other groups using Hacienda Commons, we sometimes need to cancel classes or make other modifications. Please check our calendar regularly for updates. If you would like to receive emails with news and notificationsof last-minute cancellations, go to the List Subscription Page and subscribe to our mailing list.
3. How can I make a suggestion or give feedback about the program?
We welcome your feedback. Please feel free to speak to any instructor, or you can send comments, suggestions, or questions to us at email@example.com.
4. Do classes get full?
Sometimes, especially for popular late afternoon and evening times, classes can fill up to capacity. It is recommended that you show up ten minutes before the scheduled start of class. Spots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Class sizes are at the discretion of the instructors and based on safe use of the available space and equipment. Participants who arrive more than 15minutes after the beginning of a class may be asked not to participate for safety reasons, at the discretion of the instructor.
5. Is there a lost and found?
Stanford Aerobics and Yoga is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Pleaseuse discretion in what you bring to class. If you leave an item behind, and itis no longer in the venue, please contact us to see if we have found it and setit aside for you. Also contact the Rains Office at (650) 725-4739, who may alsohave come across your missing item(s).
6. I bought a drop-in pass but didn't use it on the day specified. Can I use it on another day?
The drop-in passes are valid only for the date specified, unless the originalclass was cancelled, or the class was full when you arrived. If this is the case, e-mail Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a replacement pass.
7. Can I apply my drop-in pass payments toward the price of a quarter pass?
No, quarter passes cost the same amount regardless of previous pass purchases.If you would like to try our classes before purchasing a quarter pass, you can pay for a drop in pass.
8. What happens if I come to class without buying a pass?
We request that students purchase passes ahead oftime. If you cannot pay through Eventbrite, you may pay by cash or check at theclass. We will only accept the exact amount in cash - NO CHANGE. Checks should be made out to Stanford Aerobics and Yoga. Checks are deposited only three times a quarter. We strongly prefer online payment over checks, so please buy a pass online if at all possible.
9. Who should I contact about online billing problems?
Please contact Stephanie at (email@example.com).
10. What do I do if I lost my quarter/academic year pass?
We ask that students write their names and e-mail addresses on their passes so that we can contactthem if we find a pass. If you have lost your pass somewhere else, write to Stephanie, firstname.lastname@example.org
11. I'm interested in teaching for Stanford Aerobics and Yoga. What do I need to do?
Contact us at email@example.com. We will discuss certification and requirements with you. If you are new to teaching but qualified to teach, we will try to mentor you through thecertification and requirements process.
12. Why are classes canceled?
As a graduate student organization, we share our space with other groups and university organizations. As such, we sometimes have to cancel our classes to give other groups a chance to use the room.