Nidan ExaminationAikido Assocation of Northern California (Revised February 1990)
2nd Degree Black Belt: minimum two years and 360 training days since obtaining shodan.
A comprehensive examination of basic Aikido techniques (see shodan examination requirements).
- Demonstrate reversals (counters) from a variety of basic techniques.
- Demonstrate sword taking techniques.
- Demonstrate staff taking techniques.
- one person flowing freestyle
- multiple attack - directed by examiners
- Submit a short essay on an Aikido-related subject.