Who Can Apply?
- All Stanford undergraduates — of any class and any major
- Recipients must return to the Stanford campus for at least one quarter of full-time study after completion of the voyage
- Students may apply individually or jointly (i.e., as a team, for two awards) or to split one award (often preferred by the selection committee)
- The Committee will consider awards of up to $7000 for an individual's voyage
- The Committee will consider awards of up to $11000 in the case of two or more students with the same voyage
- If students intend to share one award, their application should make clear alternative sources of funding, received or pending, as may be needed to carry out the proposed plan of travel and study
- Please note: Beagle II Awards may be combined with other departmental and university awards; check with the relevant departments and offices to confirm this possibility
Previous independent travel and research are not a requirement, but are often viewed as a “plus” by the Selection Committee.
Further information on the Beagle II Awards, including examples of voyages, can be found at: http://www.stanford.edu/group/beagle2/recipients.html. Suggested readings and resource materials can be found at: http://www.stanford.edu/group/beagle2/resources.html.
Questions not addressed in the application packet or in the Beagle II web site can be directed to Anahid Sarkissian at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Prof. Durham, email@example.com, Faculty Coordinator for Beagle II.
Last updated 10.15.2014