From Matt Bellis
My research focuses on searches for signatures of physics beyond the Standard Model
My search for baryon- and lepton-number violation is now on the arXiv. If I am giving a colloquium or seminar at your school, you can find background material for a range of levels here. This material is not necessary to follow the talk, but will provide discussion points for a motivated student reading group.
My research in the past has focused on hadronic spectroscopy, specifically the problem of missing baryon resonances.
I have been working on using HEP data for education and outreach purposes.
Here are some sample of things on which I am working.
Some more formal exercises using HEP data for education can be found here.
- Schools and research groups (present and past)
- My work on outreach efforts using High Energy Physics (HEP) data
- Visualizations of the PDG information on the known particles
- Sonification of particle physics data
- Work that I did with Hasmik Yepremyan
- Hasmik is a student at Foothill Community College who worked with our group over the Winter and Spring quarters learning CUDA and python. We wrote some n-body gravity simulations and calculated the angular separation power spectrum from some real-world astronomical data.