As an active component of the Stanford community, Cardinal Ballet Company aims:
- To provide ballet dancers at Stanford with quality rehearsing and performing experiences by: having professionals coach and run the rehearsals; hiring choreographers to set original pieces on the group; presenting well-known classical and neo-classical masterpieces, and having consistent rehearsals with which to hone skills and increase artistry. Company class will supplement the challenging repertoire to help maintain and improve technique and artistry.
- To make quality ballet accessible to Stanford audiences by: bringing previously unseen contemporary and classical work to campus; having multiple performances throughout the year in a variety of campus locations; and offering free performances to students and affordable ticket prices to the public. We will strive to present the diverse and experimental nature of the current ballet scene through a varied repertoire spanning classical to post-modern.
- To nurture the dance community as a whole by collaborating with other dance groups and assisting student choreographers.
- To advocate for ballet in the dance program and university as a whole. We will represent the interests of ballet to decision-makers and will provide input on how to improve the dance program.
- To promote the arts as a whole at Stanford by: collaboration with the Music Department and other art departments/groups on campus; performing in various campus extracurricular and departmental programs.
- To cultivate fellowship at Stanford and the nearby public with community outreach events. We will open performances to the public and present interactive programs, such as those designed for younger audiences.