How do I import discussion (or lab) section registration from Axess into my CourseWork site?
If you manage section registration of discussion, lab, or other non-lecture sections in Axess, you can pull that data into CourseWork. Then, changes in section membership will be reflected automatically in the CourseWork site. You will need to have the Instructor, Course Admin, or TA role to complete these steps.
NOTE: If the site was created by someone other than the instructor of record, the instructor will need to approve the site request before any additional rosters can be added.
- Go to the desired course site and click Site Info in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Add Roster(s) link at the top of the Site Info page.
- Select the roster(s) you want to add to the site.
- Click Continue, then Add Class Roster(s) to confirm.
You will also need the Section Info tool added to your site and set to Automatic Management to make use of this data.
- If you don't already have the Section Info tool in your CourseWork site, go to Site Info > Edit Tools and add it.
- Then, click Section Info in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Options link at the top of the Section Info page.
- Select the 'Automatically manage sections and memberships' option.
- Click Update, then Automatically Manage to confirm.