How can I join a site without having to sign up for the course through Axess?
Some CourseWork sites are open to anyone in the Stanford community with a valid SUNet ID. If you can not find the course site you are seeking in the list of joinable sites, either the site is not set up to allow students to add themselves or the instructor has not created a CourseWork site.To join a site:
- Go to My Workspace and click Membership in the left navigation bar.
- Click the Joinable Sites link at the top of the Membership page.
To find the site you want to join, either browse the list of joinable sites using the navigation buttons on the right side of the page or use the search box.
PLEASE NOTE: The search string must match the site title. If you want to join W08-PWR-2-29, then searching for "W08-PWR", "PRW-2", "PWR-2-29" would work (or use the whole site title). However, "PWR 2" would not work because there is no space in the site title.
- Click the Join link under the name of the desired course site.
- The course site will now appear as a tab in the site navigation bar (or will be listed under the My Active Sites tab if you already have quite a few course sites).
- You can also click on My Current Sites at the top of the Membership page to confirm that the course site is now in your list.