Annual Research Briefs 2010
- Global mode analysis of turbulent high-speed jets.
J. W. Nichols and S. K. Lele
- Wall turbulence with arbitrary mean velocity profiles.
- A dynamic wall model for large-eddy simulation of high Reynolds number compressible flows.
S. Kawai and J. Larsson
- Wall-modeling in large eddy simulation: length scales, grid resolution and accuracy.
J. Larsson and S. Kawai
- Polymer maximum drag reduction: A unique transitional state.
Y. Dubief, C. M. White, E. S. G. Shaqfeh and V. E. Terrapon
- Full-system RANS of the HyShot II scramjet. Part 1: Numerics and non-reactive simulations.
R. Pecnik, V. E. Terrapon, F. Ham and G. Iaccarino
- Full-system RANS of the HyShot II scramjet. Part 2: Reactive cases.
V. E. Terrapon, R. Pecnik, F. Ham and H. Pitsch
- Uncertainty quantification simulation of the HyShot II flight experiment.
J. A. S. Witteveen and G. Iaccarino
- A numerical study of the unstart event in an inlet/isolator model.
I. Jang, R. Pecnik and P. Moin
- Analysis of air radiation measurements obtained in the EAST shocktube facility.
A. M. Brandis
- On the reflectivity of sponge zones in compressible flow simulations.
- Subsonic characteristic outflow boundary conditions with transverse terms: a comparative study.
G. Lodato, F. Ham and H. Pitsch
- High-order finite difference methods with subcell resolution for hyperbolic conservation laws with stiff reaction terms: preliminary results.
W. Wang, C.-W. Shu, H. C. Yee and B. Sjogreen
- High-order simulation of hypersonic nonequilibrium flows on overset grids.
A. Lani, B. Sjogreen and H. C. Yee
- Computational study of hypersonic flow past a CEV-like capsule on multiblock overlapping grids.
A. Lani, B. Sjogreen, H. C. Yee and W. D. Henshaw.
- Towards an extended algebraic variational multiscale-multigrid method for turbulent premixed combustion based on a combined G equation/progress-variable approach.
- A numerical method to simulate hypersonic boundary layers with finite-rate chemistry.
O. Marxen, G. Iaccarino and E. S. G. Shaqfeh
- LES of canonical shock-turbulence interaction.
I. Bermejo-Moreno, J. Larsson and S. K. Lele
- A class of dynamic mixed models for explicitly filtered LES.
S. T. Bose and P. Moin
- A comparative study of subgrid scale models for the prediction of transition in turbulent boundary layers.
T. Sayadi and P. Moin
- Investigation of an underexpanded hydrogen jet in quiescent air using numerical simulations and experiments.
C. Gorle, M. Gamba and F. Ham
- LES of temporally evolving mixing layers by high-order filter schemes.
A. Hadjadj, H. C. Yee and B. Sjogreen.
- Large-eddy simulation of stratified combustion.
A. Roux and H. Pitsch
- Direct approach to the prediction of indirect combustion noise.
M. Kostka and H. Pitsch
- Computation of turbulent Prandtl number for mixed convection around a heated cylinder.
S. Kang and G. Iaccarino
- Scalar mixing from concentrated sources in urban-like roughness.
R. Rossi and G. Iaccarino
- Perspectives on statistical modeling of turbulent liquid jet breakup in combustion systems.
M. G. Pai
- Large-eddy simulation of a spray combustor using a multi-regime flamelet approach.
E. Knudsen and H. Pitsch
- Direct numerical study of air layer drag reduction phenomenon over a backward-facing step.
D. Kim and P. Moin
- Numerical simulation of the margination of platelets in the microvasculature.
H. Zhao and E. S. G. Shaqfeh
- Turbulent convection and differential rotation in spherical shells.
V. Olshevsky, Ch. Liang, F. Ham, N. N. Mansour and A. G. Kosovichev
- Simulation of turbulent acoustic sources in the Sun.
I. N. Kitiashvili, A. G. Kosovichev, N. N. Mansour and A. A. Wray