The links below provide access to expanded collections of e-books.
Try also using SearchWorks to identify other online books.
- IGI Global's Educational Technologies portal
- Ebrary - Full-text searching and retrieval of over 28,000 titles in various disciplines. Browser plug-in required. Stanford's subscription allows printing and copying from ebrary, although some titles have restrictions on the number of pages that may be viewed, printed or copied.
- My iLibrary - E-books from selected commercial publishers, most notably Springer, Oxford University Press, and Cambridge University Press, as well as intergovernmental publications from the International Atomic Energy Agency, the International Labour Organisation, and others.
- ScienceDirect (Elsevier) - While specializing in science and technology, ScienceDirect includes some humanities and social sciences titles.
- SpringerLink - While specializing in science, technology, and medicine, Springer does include many works in education.
- Books 24x7 - Computing and information technology. Maximum three simultaneous Stanford users allowed.
- Safari Tech Books - Selected computing books, mostly O'Reilly publications. SUL's Mathematical and Computer Sciences Library maintains a browsable list of current titles.
- ACLS Humanities E-Book - A digital collection of over 1,700 full-text titles offered by the American Council of Learned Societies.
Also check out other Stanford e-text resources.
E-Books in Education
This is only a portion of the titles available. Be sure to also search Socrates and e-book providers.[view:ebooks]