Access & Circulation
The Education Library is open to all members of the Stanford community. Users who do not have a current barcoded University ID may qualify for access to the library's collections and facilities. For questions regarding access and borrowing privileges, consult with staff at the Education Library desk (650 723-2121).
The Education Library is accessible to persons with limited mobility. An elevator on the first floor provides wheelchair access. Ask at the desk for help obtaining library materials on high shelves.
Circulation of materials is available to users with valid Stanford borrowing cards, to users with University of California Library Reciprocal Services Cards, and to users who have purchased borrowing privileges (personal and corporate).
- Journals, latest issues: Two hours
- Journals, bound: One week
- Books, dissertations: Varies by user status
- Reference/microfiche: Do not circulate
- Materials in Curriculum Collection: Varies by type
All materials are subject to recall. Renewal of books and dissertations is permitted unless material is needed by another user.
To renew online:
- Use My Account, or
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the barcode number of the book, your name and ID number, and your e-mail address.
Reserve items are not eligible for renewal online. Once you've hit your limit of online renewals, you must bring the items to the library to renew. Please contact the Circulation Desk at Cubberley Library (650 723-2121) if you have any questions.