Course Reserves: Guidelines for Reserve List Submissions
Guidelines for Reserve List Submissions
Reserve lists may be submitted at any time throughout the quarter. If materials are needed for the first two weeks of class, submit your list early.
Approximately three weeks before the new quarter begins the library will place a reserves request form in faculty mail boxes. Please submit your list on this form. If needed, additional forms can be provided.
*Please note that it takes approximately six weeks to order/receive a book that is not immediately available from the Stanford bookstore.
Reserve materials will be processed in order of receipt and may take one week to process. We are not able to accept reserve requests over the phone.
For all Reserve requests the following is required:
- All material on reserve needs to comply with U.S. Copyright Law.
- Please provide complete citations for all reserve requests. Specify author/editor, title, publisher, edition, version, date, as appropriate.
- All journal articles must be photocopied. Photocopied materials will be returned to you at the end of the quarter. If you place an anthology on reserve please note that the library does not secure the copyright for anthologies; you must obtain permission to have them placed on reserve. The Campus bookstore's course reader service will handle copyright issues, should you choose to submit your reader through them.
- Personally owned material may receive some physical processing such as the addition of labels and theft deterrent targets.
- It is Library Policy to reserve only those readings required for a course.
Please phone (650) 723-2121 or e-mail Kelly Roll at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.