Bulletin: Beginning January 2010, Electronic Delivery of Monthly Expenditure Statements (Posted December 4, 2009)
In order to deliver Monthly Expenditure Statements to Task Managers more quickly, statements will be delivered electronically beginning mid-January (for the December close period). As a result, Task Managers will receive their statements approximately 10 days earlier than the delivery time experienced via the paper distribution method.
On this page:
- How will the new electronic process work?
- Updating Task Manager Assignments
- Forwarding Monthly Expenditure Statements to Others
How will the new electronic process work?
Mid-January, Task Managers will receive an individual email with a link to launch their statements in a PDF format. Task Managers can use the link to view or print their statements whenever they like.
- All Task Managers will receive the email regardless of whether or not they have "opted out" of receiving reports via the paper distribution method.
- Report links will be emailed to the Task Manager on record. Report access is based on SUNet ID, not Authority Manager. Therefore, it is very important that Task Manager assignments are accurately maintained to ensure that the person receiving the email still has responsibility for the account.
Updating Task Manager Assignments
Prior to implementing the new electronic process, Controller's Office and Office of Research Administration staff members have been working with Budget Officers across campus to do a preliminary review of Task Manager assignments.
- Updates received via Budget Officers prior to December 15th will be implemented prior to the first electronic distribution beginning mid January. Task Managers are encouraged to contact their Budget Officer if they would like to assist with updating Task Manager assignments before December 15th.
- After December 15th, please follow the standard process for requesting updates to Task Manager assignments.
Forwarding Monthly Expenditure Statements to Others
In some cases, there may be a business need to electronically forward Monthly Expenditure Statements for selected PTA's to others. In these cases, the Task Manager may need to distribute only select pages from the single PDF file containing all Monthly Expenditure Statements for each PTA they are assigned as Task Manager.
Note: Extracting select pages from a single PDF file requires Adobe Acrobat Professional software. If Task Managers foresee a need to do this and they do not own a copy, it can be purchased via SmartMart for $23 per copy (Windows or Mac). For more information, see How To: Extract Select Pages from a PDF File Containing Multiple Monthly Expenditure Statements.
If you have questions or need help, please submit a HelpSU ticket (Request Category Administrative Applications and Request Type ReportMart3).